Little Steps

As I said in my last post, I was going to have to dig out my binders and get planning.  I found the binders, they weren’t really buried.  I took a brief look and then got distracted with other mommy-type things.  No problem, I don’t get too worked up about things these days.  It just doesn’t pay.  While my little one works on her little steps, I have to work on mine.

This week I made some progress.  We have a spare room in our house that has this very loud green color.  When we moved in last August my older daughter took that room and decided to keep the green.  She is no longer living in the room so we have been waiting for some time to give it a makeover. We have been adding a sub-floor to the rest of our ranch-style home and this spare room needed the sub-floor and some new carpeting.  Two weekends ago, my husband added the sub-floor, this last week I painted the room and today we went and picked out the new carpeting.

Loud Green Spare Room
Loud Green Spare Room

I am so happy about getting this room done! I used to hate looking at the green when I looked into that room.  (I could not capture the real hue of green in the picture above, but it is very GREEN!) My husband and I decided I will be using this room for an office/crafting room. I think it will help to have my own little space.  No more digging for binders!

I am also very excited about our brand new vegetable garden!  My husband worked up our new garden plot today.  We are cutting it close, but our spring has been a chilly one this year with a few of the last nights having frost.   My tomato, pepper, marigold and pumpkin plants are ready to be planted this weekend.  With prayers and some good weather we should have some fresh veggies within the next few months.

It’s been a great start to summer so far.  We have to keep it moving!

Have a Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Missie 😀

Tootle Needs Some Tape

Tootle Needs Taping
Tootle Needs Taping
TootleTaped (Small)
Tootle Taped

Our little one loves a good book.  She has a small library to choose from.  Roughly 90% of her bookshelf holds tough board books that can take a good beating from a 15 month old.  The other 10% are normal weighted paper that I monitor closely.  Regardless, if it is board book or paper, she shows no discrimination when it comes to pealing off a piece of a cover, a corner of a page or flap hiding a pink elephant.  Every few days I get out my packing tape and work my giggleFritz magic! 😉

I am not angry that I have to mend these books.  I have always taken good care of the books in my possession.  I have taught the same to my oldest daughter and will teach our new little one when she is old enough.   I like working with the paper anyway, and I am not fond of throwing away any book.  I am actually just glad that we are using these books and “loving” the crap out of them so much, that they need some maintenance once in a while.

In other news, my tomato plants I planted last week, are up!  They peaked their heads out of the soil on Monday.  Also, I planted some marigolds last Saturday and those popped up this morning.  I was surprised by the marigolds.  That is only 4-5 days they needed to sprout.  I am very proud of the start of my little garden.  I can’t wait to have a garden on the land that I live on.  It has always been a plot on someone else’s land and I would have to drive over to maintain/water/weed/pick.  For the first time I will be able to walk outside my back door and putz around in my garden!!

Tomatoes popped up!
Tomatoes popped up!

So, I am off to do great things!  I have a few things in the works I am hoping to finish up and share with you soon.

Have a great day!