How was the Coffee Break Fest Craft Fair in Stoughton, Wisconsin on August 15th, you ask? I, of course, will say it was a blast! It always is. Even though the temperature was around 90 degrees F with very little breeze, it was another great year. The community of this town is wonderful! I sold a few things, saw some familiar faces and sampled some great locally roasted coffee (I brought along a container of ice for iced coffee, but one competitor had iced coffee for sampling too.)
This guy was pretty awesome! He not only bought one of my Socktopus guys, he improved on it and showed me the very same day! He bought the Socktopus and left. He, then came back to show me he added adhesive hook and loop to the legs and stuck it on his hat. That is a cool customer!
This year I splurged and bought the collector’s mug. It is a beautiful handmade mug that holds ALOT of coffee. A nice addition to my ever-growing collection.
My sisters and I had a great time again this year. I am planning on returning again next year. I will just pray harder for beautiful weather.
Hello All! A new addition to the Socktopus family in my Etsy Store.
The paperwork is in for Coffee Break Fest 2015. Now I wait to see if I get in again. It is exactly one month away from today and I am super excited! I’ve been planning and working and can’t wait to be in a craft fair again. As of right now I am behind by one Socktopus and I have a total of five more to make (at least). So, I am off to get back to work.
Here we are on the last day of June 2015. I have been sneaking in sewing more Socktopus guys whenever I can: a few legs here, a mouth and eyes there. I am currently working on Socktopus number 13, which means I have achieved my goal of 12 new Socktopus guys by July 5! 😀 (Take a look at the giggleFritz Shop on Etsy.)
I will be sending in my registration tomorrow for Coffee Break Fest in Soughton, WI on August 15. I am excited! I have not been in a craft fair for almost 2 years. It will be wonderful once again to sell alongside fellow artists and meet new people interested in handmade art and products. And it will be heavenly to sample coffee all day too!
Little one is awake. I am off to do mommy things and sew some more Socktopus legs.
Today was a lovely day. The weather was nearly perfect so we spent a good part of the day outside. Also, the carpet guy came and measured two of our bedrooms so we can order our new carpeting. I am that much closer to my new office/craft room!
I have been making more Socktopuses. Three are listed in my Etsy shop at the moment, take a look if you have a moment! (I need some time to get the shop on this site set up.) I have set a goal for myself: complete 2 Socktopuses a week (12 by July 5), and I will register for the Coffee Break Fest 2015 craft fair on August 15. I still have inventory left from before our little one was born, and I will keep sewing after July 15. If I can complete my goal, I think I will have enough inventory to fill a booth. I have my binder set up to keep me on track. Now, I just have to get the work done.
I am off to do some sewing.
Have a wonderful evening! (The frogs are incredibly LOUD this evening! Beautiful!)
I fully own my procrastination, lack of focus, and right out laziness of not getting things done. I want so much to fill my shop with beautiful things I create, but I am not getting it done at the moment. Wait, I take that back. I own 99.5% of this. The other 0.5% is the fault of this little girl, who steals and snuggles with the Socktopus I am working on. 😉
I have had that itch for the past few months. The, “I want to be in a craft fair” itch. The other day I received an email for the 2015 Coffee Break Fest Craft Fair in Stoughton, Wisconsin. As I was reading I automatically felt both excited and defeated at the same time. I would LOVE to be a part of Coffee Break Fest again, but I just don’t have the time or inventory to get there this year. It’s time to devise a better plan for the future of giggleFritz. Not only for my business, but for other areas in life as well. I am so done “winging it”. I used to be a decent planner. I had a binder for the holidays so everything would run smoothly and get done. I have binders (plural) for my business, but I haven’t contributed to them for a long time. I think it is time to dust off the binders and start contributing again.
Creative update: I haven’t worked on my lighthouse cross-stitch for a while, but I have done SOME work since my last creative update (Feb 18, 2015). Here is my progress: